|We have a light dusting of snow here in Detroit, ‘seasonal music’ is playing everywhere, and a certain feeling is in the air. This will be a short email as I don’t have a lot to announce, nor do I have a lot on my mind…
Here’s what I have coming up:
– Sunday, Dec. 18, at Tom’s Tavern with Corn Potato Duo (me and Lindsay).
– Saturday, Dec. 31, at First Night Raleigh in Raleigh, NC
– Jan. 5, 7, and 8, in NYC with Wild Hog, shows at Jalopy on the 5th, 68 Jay St. Bar the 7th, and Superfine brunch on the 8th.
– Saturday, Jan. 28, Ann Arbor Folk Festival with Corn Potato String Band – Get your tickets HERE – Lineup includes Kiefer Sutherland, Indigo Girls, us, and much much more
– Sunday, Jan. 29, Detroit Square Dance Society potluck and dance at the Gaelic League, with special guest caller Sean Fen and guest fiddler Henry Barnes, all the way from Columbus, Ohio.
So you may be wondering what I’m doing if I’m not touring or playing lots of shows at home, or even teaching hardly at all, for that matter. Good question! The short answer is, not much. The slightly longer answer is, I’m practicing a lot of classic banjo, my current obsession, sort of cooking and sort of cleaning the house, not really though, making and drinking drinks (ginger beer, turmeric beer, ginger wine, all kinds of teas, martinis, Manhattans, and some great beers from Short’s Brewing here in Michigan) and planning tours for next year. Too soon to make any announcements, though. I’m also getting ready to release my Crazy Cats single to the world, and I’m working on the full-length Softgels album as well.
By the way, if you are on Instagram, I am, too! If all these words are tiresome or you just want some visuals once in a while, find me on there. I think my name is Aaron Jonah Lewis or @aaronjonahlewis or something like that.
I think that’s going to be about it for now. As always, I love to hear from you! Send me ideas of fun winter activities or worthy pursuits I should consider pursuing with all my free time, or just write to say hi.
Happy start of winter time!